7.21.2010

Avery's New Room-Part 2

Okay, here's another project stolen from inspired by blogland. I don't remember where I first saw Suzanne's Give A Hoot Pillow, but when I did, I knew I had to make it. A bit of fabric from this shopping trip, some fiber fill and three hours of fighting with my sewing machine, and Hilda Hoot Owl was born...



Even her backside is cute! Love that fabric.

Seriously, it should have taken 20 minutes to sew, but I could not get my needle threaded. I spent at 30 minutes on two different occasions trying. When I finally got it threaded, the bobbin wouldn't catch. Sheesh. It was worth the effort though, because I love love love her. I also used Heat and Bond on the piece work, which made sewing  easier in one sense, but the web itself was hard to sew through and left needle marks. It also made the pillow not so soft, but it's really more for decor than head resting.

I can't wait to see how it looks in Avery's new room!

I'm linking this one to


0 comments:

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails