2.03.2010

Stenciled Furniture: A New Love

I opened my Trees and Trend ad the other day and saw this:



Do you see the BLACK damask-stenciled chest in the center? Oh, be still my heart. I love it. LOVE. IT. I want it. I already have the perfect spot in the new house for just such a piece.

If my mother read my blog (which I'm pretty sure she doesn't), she would be laughing hysterically at the fact that I am drooling over anything stenciled. I used to roll my eyes at her constant need to stencil--a pineapple on the front door, multiple "Welcome Friends" signs, you get the idea. But this is not your country mama's stenciling. This is updated, chic, and completely DIYable.

So now I am on the look out for a chest to use for this project. I may have something here that will work, as most of what we have will not make the move with us, at least not it its current form. Much of what does come will only stay until we replace it with what we really want and what will work in the new space. When I find what I am looking for and actually do this (it could be awhile), I'll be sure to post the pictures and step by step. Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick did a great job stenciling an old sewing machine cabinet she found in the trash. WARNING: if you visit her bblog you will read every.single. post. Twice.

So...what have you stenciled??

0 comments:

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails