5.27.2009

Pretty Posies

Isn't she beautiful? My sweet little munchkin. I could seriously stare at her all day, just like any mom.

But that's not the point...see her shirt? I made that. Well, I made the flowers and sewed them on a Target tank. Avery chose the fabrics and insisted on beads for the centers instead of the buttons I planned on. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. She, of course, dripped red cough syrup on it before we made it out of the house. It never fails, does it?!

The flowers go all around the neckline. I washed it yesterday on the gentle cycle and dried it flat. It came out great--some fraying, which I had actually hoped for.







But I couldn't stop there.





I mixed all the fabrics and added pin backs to these to embellish the cuffs of her capris purchased at The Children's Place, one of the few items I've found there without glitter and neon colors.


And I wanted some for myself!







These are three separate pins in two different sizes. Love them! There's more to come with these little flowers. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Oh, how fun!! How creative and such a fun way to spruce up a simple piece of clothing.

Come on by my blog before Wednesday if you'd like to enter in my giveaway in celebration of my 1 year blogging anniversary!

Hope you have a great week!

dddiva said...

So cute- she's adorable and the clothes are just so creative.

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails