5.07.2009

April Craft Challenge

Heidi over at Blue Eyed Blessings hosts a monthly craft challenge. This month's theme was ribbon. I came across this late, so I scrambled to come up with something. Check it out and then click the button below to see what everyone else created!

craft challenge
I bought these canvas monogram kits back in the fall for $1 each. I'm not sure what I had planned for them; I was probably just excited to find 4x4" canvases for a buck!



Here's a close up of the "A". I originally thought I would paint this one using the pattern given, but my hand wasn't steady enough. You'll see what I did to it with my Cricut in a minute.


See Ave wearing her new smock? It worked great, as it paint on it when we were done, but her clothes did not! We painted each one a different color...

Once they were dry we tied some ribbon scraps around them. They are meant to be hung on the wall, but these are just on my craft room floor for now. See where the Cricit came in?

And now you say, that's pretty cute, but what is it???? What? It's not obvious?? Okay, okay.

It's a hair bow holder! It also works as just an art piece. Not bad for an evening and just using what I already had lying around! Another one of my favorite ribbon projects is here. I use it every day and have had several people try to buy it from me.

Okay. Go check out the other ribbon projects now, and check back to Heidi's blog to find out what the May challenge will be!

10 comments:

Xazmin said...

Totally adorable...I love it!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Heather, This is fabulous!! I love the colors, the ribbon choices, and the monogram? Oooo...you just gave a hint away for next month's challenge. Shh...don't tell yet! ;) This is such a beautiful piece of artwork...and functional, too! Thanks for joining the party. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Dawn said...

So cute! I love it with the initial on it. Great idea!

Katie said...

Very cute!!! And creative!

Annikke said...

Yep! Those are WAY TOO CUTE!! I love them!!

Kelli said...

That is SUPER cute!! I like them just as art work {especially since I have only boys and no hairbows} and it would be so easy to change the colors for lots of different rooms in your house!!

miss said...

So very cute. I want to make it too! I need to keep my eyes open for those.

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

That is super cute. I love the fact that it is so colorful and fun!

Peterson Party of 5 said...

Love it!
Happy Mother's Day!
xoxox,
Doreen

Rhonda said...

I love it! I just found some at a yardsale...3 for $1.00. I plan on painting my son's nickname on them!!

Thanks for sharing!

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails