3.16.2009

Polka Dot Party #1

I've had another post half ready for a month, but obviously it has not gotten finished. I've had trouble getting a good picture of one thing, but I'm tired of trying and so am giving up for now.


On to party planning. Avery will be three on April 1st (yep, my little April fool), and has decided on a pink polka dot theme. Her 1st birthday was a bug theme, designed around her room, and last year she had an Under the Sea party. I must admit that this party has been the most difficult to conceptualize. I've known what I wanted to do in a general sense, but my plans are only now starting to get to detail phase. That's not really like me.


So while much of her party wares are still waiting to be assembled, I have started working on some of the decor, namely these great paper bag flowers.

Aren't they lovely?! They are, of course, from Martha. You can find the step by step here, but essentially you take six paper bags, cut off the bottoms, glue them together and fan them out into a flower.

Avery's will be in all pink, of course, and will I think make a pretty good stand in for the pink Chinese lanterns that I really wanted. Unfortunately no one carries those locally, and shipping on them is ridiculous.

So that takes care of one of about a million party details I'm working on. I know it will all come together, but right now I'm feeling a little frantic.

If you are looking for more party ideas, you MUST check out Polka Dots and Pirates. I have found her ideas so inspiring, and would have used her for some of my party stuff if she was still doing custom orders. And she's a teacher. And her daughter is named Avery.

And lastly, yea for my two favorite teams! Twice my Alma Mater, WKU made it to the NCAA by winning their conference both outright and in the tournament, and Michigan sneaked in as an at large. Can't wait to wwatch them both play Thursday night!

1 comments:

Jess said...

Hey! I found your site through my stat counter...yours was a referral site so I had to check it out! I wish I were doing customs, too... *tear*, but my kiddos need more of my time. Thanks for the super nice comments. I hope your little Ave has a great party! :)

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails