10.02.2008

I Love Wordle!

I've been playing with word clouds for a couple of months, even using them in two of my classes and adding one to my sidebar, but I never really saw them as art.

Then I saw this print on the Pottery Barn website:


Very cute, but not $80 cute. But it got me thinking. Thinking about how words arranged randomly could actually be attractive. And so I went back to Wordle.net. This site allows you to create free (free!) word clouds by simply pasting in text or typing in a link. The more times a word is used, the larger it becomes. You can also alter the font, color and layout.

So this is what I came up with for Halloween. If I'd spent more time on it I probably could have made it more square like the PB one, but I still think it's pretty neat. I could print it out, enlarge it and frame it as the one piece of Halloween decor in my home. Once you create them, they are yours to use however you like.

I wish I knew how to make it larger, but I think you get the idea. You can also see it here larger.

Any other ideas for how to use this fun word art? If you make one, leave a comment with the link...I want to see them!

7 comments:

TMI said...

That's funny, I always look in Pottery Barn catalogues for ideas, then go elsewhere to find imposters that are cheaper! Love Poterry Barn though.

Thanks for the tip on the free wordle site! I love your Halloween one. I will definitely make one and send you the link - so cute!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

~Tara

Kelsey said...

Just found your blog via Saucy. Your blog is so cute, I was scrolling down your page and you're so creative! I loved the cupcake frame, too cute!

TMI said...

I did a post with my 1st wordle creation. I'm sure there will be more! Thanks again for the idea.

Rhea said...

I've never heard of Wordle. Sounds awesome, like something I would really enjoy playing around. Thanks!

I found you through SITS, nice to meet you.

American in Norway said...

I too love pottery barn...but it is pretty expensive... & they don't ship over here... I am sure you could find something on line & print it..frame it... voila..
Thanks for popping by & sharing some bloggy love on my big SITS day!

Kirstie says..... said...

How awesome!! I love that piece at PB and now I can have my own! Thanks for the excellent idea and thanks for the visit to my blog. Good luck in the contest!

Anonymous said...

nice one, i just added up lots of bran-new emo backgrounds 4 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails