10.13.2008

Drumroll Please.......

After over six months and I'm sure way more money than he ever intended, Avery's 2nd birthday present from my parents is FINISHED. This is by far the biggest project I have ever taken on, but the results are pretty spectacular. It started out with a plan that my dad insisted wouldn't be much more difficult than a plain Jane one. Right. I actually was sort of joking when I showed him the plan. I never thought he'd actually go for building it. It started with Dad and Kyle building it, but when the summer came it became dad and me finishing it, as I'm a little picky about finish work. I haven't had a chance to really move her in or decorate yet, but I think you get the gist. You should see the back part of my bedroom--it's filled with all kinds of pink and green stuff to pretty it up with. I've been collecting and crafting all summer! And yes, those are tiny energy efficient windows (free demos from a friend who sells windows), upgraded carpet (a remnant) and electricity (you plug the house into an extension cord running from our house) you'll see. At some point Dad wants to add a loft, but I nixed that idea for now because I wanted her to be able to play out there without me having to constantly hover over her for fear of her climbing and falling. Avery loves it, and I know she will love it for years to come. I can just imagine sleepover out there--who needs tents?!

Okay, so now for the big reveal. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, starting with construction and moving towards the finished mini-mansion. Enjoy your house, Avery. You're worth every minute spent on it!



So there it is. Avery has already had a McDonald's picnic in it with her daddy, and isready for all of her friends to come and visit soon! Tea party, anyone?

13 comments:

Shyla said...

Heather, it looks fabulous! Avery is one lucky little girl :o)

You'll have to make sure to show us pictures once you get it all decorated.

mydogumentary said...

Oh my goodness! Avery is one lucky lady! I would have killed for something like that when I was little! GREAT WORK!

dddiva said...

What a wonderful gift, I just know it will be treasured all the more because of the love that went into making it.
Congrats on a job well done.

Susan said...

I came over from SITS...love the playhouse. It is absolutely beautiful. I want one for myself! Great job Daddy, Pop Pop and Mommy. You can tell lots of love went into it

Meaghan said...

Can I move in? When she grows up and goes to college you could seriously rent that out!

Meaghan

Wolf said...

wow, how beautiful! i always wanted a playhouse when i was little and never got one...this would have been my dream!

stopped by from SITS!

koopermom said...

Oh wow! Every little girls dream!

Happy SITS blogathon!

Simply Shannon said...

WOW! What a lucky little girl!
Fantastic job.

Melodie said...

Oh, my! I wish my house was that pretty!

Anna Lefler said...

Oh, that's AWESOME!!!! Wow!

She'll have years of wonderful times in that magical little house...

:^) Anna

ThriftyDecorChick said...

THAT is the most magnificent playhouse I have EVER seen. Truly amazing!! I love it!!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Heather, This is gorgeous! I must not have gone far enough back in archives when I first found your blog to have seen this. I'm in love...and a little jealous. ;) Oh, the fun to be had!

Jess said...

Oh my gosh-- this is amazing! What a super sweet present!! I am sending this to my hubby so he can start getting ideas for our little girl's house :-) It is nice to know it can be done for less than the PoshTot's price tag ;) Thanks for stopping by The Finer Things-- I'll be perusing your blog today!

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails