9.17.2008

This is too easy...

A couple of weeks ago my husband needed a gift for a coworker who is having a baby girl soon. I found a really cute outfit, but really wanted to find something to match the baby's room, which she is doing in cupcakes. How wonderful is that--cupcakes! Since I can't drive (much), however, I was a little limited in where I could shop. So what's a crafty girl to do? I just made something.


The frame was $1 at Michael's, the paint was in my stash, and the ribbon also made a cute hairbow for the peanut. I couldn't find any chipboard or sticker cupcakes (I thought that would be an easy find. Hmp), but I made one easily enough using patterned paper and a brad for the cherry. And hot glue. Lots of hot glue. Avery wants one for her playhouse to house a picture of her and her cousin Kaylee. Another day, perhaps.
But you have to see the room this little frame will hopefully sit in. I'm not sure if it's worthy, though, as this nursery is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. Tianna is very creative, obviously! See it here.
On another note, I prying myself away from my blog, as well as all the ones I read, for the rest of the week. I'm presenting at a writing conference on Saturday on...what else?....blogging! My personal blog is pretty new, but I've used them in my classroom for awhile now. Anyway, I'm nowhere near prepared for my demo and have been doing everything in my power to put it off. Now time is running out! On top of that this is Homecoming week at school, and I always underestimate the amount of time my responsibilities in that require. I'm so glad I'm off Monday, even if it is because of a doctor's appointment.

15 comments:

Ronnica said...

That's a really cute idea! Congrats on being a saucy blog this week!

Valerie said...

Okay, wow. My blog seems really stinky now! I've GOT to get a cool header and a 'favicon' is it?
I think I will have to pay one of those blogging companies to do it for me? or maybe you--in all of your spare time?
Hope your appt goes well.

Brenda Jean said...

Wow, what a cute room theme! I love the frame, it's adorable. I would have thought cupcakes would be easy to find too!

Congrats on being saucy:)

dddiva said...

That frame is really adorable... I keep saying I am getting back into crafting and I keep doing other things- mainly procrastinating. ;-)
Really, that is something that is not so intimidating that I need to mess up the whole house to get it finished- and the littlest diva loves loves loves her cupcakes.
Thanks for the idea. :)
Love your saucy blog- I'm adding it to my favorites list so I can come for inspiration- I'm counting on you to keep the ideas coming. :P

Kaycee said...

That's a seriously adorable frame!! I'm sure she will love it :)

mydogumentary said...

That is adorable! And cupcakes for a room theme? Am I too old to have that for mine?! haha...good luck with your presentation!

-Bridget said...

What a cute frame! That room is adorable too!

Rhiana said...

This is sooo cute! I want to make one just like it now. Thanks for the great idea...

~Jenn Danza~ said...

I love the frame! Adorable! Very pretty site too!
~Jenn

Meaghan said...

very creative! I looked at the nursery and its cute but your picture frame is definitely worthy :)

Meaghan
www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

~Miss Shayla said...

Your frame is adorable!!!!

Laurie said...

Very clever and resourceful! You make me miss my crafty days before full time work (on top of full time "home" work) took over my days. Good luck at your writing conference.

suzy said...

What a lucky guy to have such a handy wife!! Such a cute idea! I found your blog on the SITS blog. I love all your ideas.

Juli Smith, SU! Demo said...

Your pic frame for the baby gift matches your blog! heehee ;)

Nice job! I think you need some cupcake rubber stamps!

Congrats on be a Saucy Blog!

Rachel said...

That frame rocks! You should sell them. I will be your first customer. Can you make me a monkey one? :P

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails