9.05.2008

Inviting Ideas

The Christian girls service club I sponsor at school has been making dozens of pink tissue flowers for a Susan G. Komen Foundation benefit. Since Avery is wanting a pink flower party for her 3rd birthday (in April), alll that tissue got me thinking. I already have a ton of ideas, but the invitations are where I'm coming up empty. I had a great idea for a flower that pulls out of a pocket vase, and the party information would be on the stem, but I'm having a hard time getting it to look like I want it to (hence, no pictures!). This one also has promise, but I having a hard time getting everything to fit when I make it smaller than 6"x9", which is too big I think.
image via flickr


Then I discovered Kimberly's blog For the Love of Paper. Card ideas are all over the web, but her designs are miles above what I normally find. Here are some of my favorites that I think I could adapt to work with Avery's theme:
  1. Dots Dots Dots!
  2. Layers of Flowers

  3. Sweet Little Daisy

  4. Floral Geometry

I don't know if I'll end up doing something that really looks like any of these, but it really got my creative juices flowing! I'm hoping they don't flow too much, however, since the playhouse and Halloween costume should be getting my crafting attention right now.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Heather,
WOW! Thank you for the HUGE compliment! I cannot tell you how much that means to me!!! You are incredibly sweet!! Thank you for making my day!!!
Kim

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails