9.14.2008

I'm Saucy!


Imagine my suprise when I checked my blog after church this afternoon to see what my new header looked like and found comments galore! The explanation for my new-found popularity? My blog has been named a Saucy Blog by the fabulous girls over at The Secret Is In the Sauce. I found this site that serves as a network for women bloggers when Laurie over at Tip Junkie advertised their giveaway of a Cricut Expression. When I actually visited the blog, however, I was hooked on it and the fabulous blogs I've been finding as a result.
The reason I started blogging in the first place was that I loved the interconnectedness of blogs--the communities that are created through blogging. The SITS blog promotes that benefit.
So, for all my SITStas who may be dropping by these next couple of days, here's a little about me. I'm Heather, a wife, mommy and high school English teacher just outside of Nashville, Tennessee. I love planning parties and room designs, and sometimes even executing them. When watching TV, I'm often torn between HGTV and ESPN (the Titans game is on in the background as I type this!), though much too often we're watching Little Einsteins. My wonderful husband Kyle and I started dating in high school, almost 11 years ago. We have been married for 5 years and have a gorgeous, brilliant, and super-sweet (aren't all mom's kids this way :)) 2 1/2 yeard old named Avery. I always have a thousand things going on at once, which seems necessary to keep my creative energy going.
So that's me, or at least a little bit of me. I hope you enjoy my blog and read on to find out more about my crazy life!


OH, AND WHILE YOU'RE HERE....
I just made a new header in photoshop last night. I love it, but now want to create a background to match. If you know how to make an image your background, please leave instructions! So far all that is happening is that you can't see the post text. Grrr...
Updated Sunday 9:35
A huge thank you to Queen Bee, who not only gave me the code for adding an image as background, but made me a background to match my new header!

23 comments:

Becky Welch said...

Congrats on being saucy. I enjoyed looking around on your blog. My husband and I use to live in Nashville and now his brother lives there. I will have to come back!!

Heather said...

Woo! I personally think all Heathers are saucy, but glad you've gotten the official title! ;)

Love, love, LOVE the header! Unfortunately, I am nowhere near blog-techy enough to tell you how to set an image as a background. I had to use a template from a helpful, free site in order to jazz my own blog up when it was time for a makeover!

Anyhow, cheers and enjoy your saucy week of commenty love!

Giovanna Diaries said...

Congrats on your sauciness!
I too am married to my high school sweetheart. We're so super cool we should start our own club.

Giovanna Diaries said...

As for the background for your blog....I'm not that computer savvy so I couldn't help you there. Dude, I couldn't even figure out the new site meter upgrades. But if you go to www.thecutestblogontheblock.com you can add backgrounds for free and they have tons of polky dotty ones.

Just say Julie said...

Congrats on your new found saucy-ness! I love finding new blogs from SITS, and will be checking back on yours. Super cute!

oº˚ Queen Bee ˚ºo said...

Hey Mrs. Saucy, I was saucy last week. I make the background but I do mine on a scrapbook program. I designed on my main blog and my queen bee creations site. Much Love

oº˚ Queen Bee ˚ºo said...

body {background:$bgcolor;background-image:url(http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn441/alw0128/Pinkandgreee.jpg);background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed;
margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; }

Take this go to the html -- delete the body part and replace it with this! I made it for you tell me what you think! If you have any problems e-mail me alw_0128@yahoo.com -- Preview first before you save.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Happy Saucy Week!
I wish I could help you with your background. Your header looks great!!

mommaof4wife2r said...

super cute!!! and fun!

mydogumentary said...

Congrats on the sauciness! I love your header! I'm going right now to look around on your blog! Have a great Monday!

Giovanna Diaries said...

like the new background....though you may need to change the color of your text for the links. It's the bright pink. I don't know if it's just my computer but it's a bit hard to read.
Great job and awesome hook up!

Allison said...

I found your blog because you are so "saucy"! I met my hubby in high school, well he wasn't but we have been together ever since! I love the header and the blog!

Melanie said...

Love the header! So stinkin' cute!
Congrats on being saucy!

KDLOST said...

Hi there! :) Well, that is a saucy header for a saucy blogger! Looking forward to reading more! Cheers!

oº˚ Queen Bee ˚ºo said...

Hey thanks for using the background, Wanted to let you know I can make you one that doesn't look stretched. I just copied and pasted you design because I didn't have those colors. If you want to do it in photoshop I can give you the measurements for it. E-mail me alw_0128@yahoo.com. I make banners and backgrounds My design site is http://queenbeecreations.blogspot.com

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Congrats, saucy blogger!!

AngiDe- Nana's Box said...

Hi, linked over from SITS. Love your blog header! CONGRATS on being saucy ;)

Angie
www.nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

You are totally Saucy!!

Aubrey said...

Yay on being saucy! SITS is tha' bomb!

SuZ said...

Congrats on being Saucy!!!

Ali said...

Hey Saucy Sista - love the header, looks great! Enjoyed your stories. Have a great day!

Vhagwins said...

you are an angel,my jah bless u.


visit www.vhagwins.blogspot.com

Lisa Marie Miller said...

I love the colorful, happy feeling "Pary in Pink" gives me, Heather. Thanks for sharing the inspiration and creativity of your life; you always make me want to try something new! I told you I have used the multi-genre research project and it has been a smashing hit. I wish I knew how to do all the cool graphics you do. I look forward to following your cool blog, and thanks for doing the same with my 3 R's project.

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails