7.30.2008

My Best Creation Yet

I haven't really posted anything about my sweet baby girl Avery, but since pretty much everything I make is for her, I decided it was time to post some pictures. She's 2, and the absolute joy of our life. School starts back for me next week, and I'm really going to miss the extra time I've had with her this summer!

This is quite possibly my favorite picture of the summer. I love how it captures the quite wonder that is so Avery. And check out those eyelashes! Sorry, Maybelline--no mascara sales to this girl!

My little family on vacation at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. This is a fantastic city to visit, by the way. We had a great time and can't wait to go back!


Avery and Mommy splashing around the water features in downtown Chattanooga.

While driving into town, Avery saw a billboard advertising the Clifford exhibit at the Creative Discovery Museum. Good thing we were planning to take her there anyway, because all we heard after that was, "I want to go see Clifford!"

Marching in the daycare Fourth of July parade. We asked if
she wanted us to walk with her, and were told, "you watch...I dood it myself." Wonder where she gets that?
Avery's favorite toys are books--she even takes them to bed with her the way most kids take a teddy bear. That makes her English teacher Mommy very happy! It's so funny to see which of my mannerisms she's been watching and picking up on, like the crossing of her legs. My parents made the peanut sized couch for her 1st birthday. It's so cute AND functional!
So that's what Ave and I have been doing this summer. I'm so ambivalent about watching her grow up: I love seeing her new discoveries, but at the same time long for my little baby that gets bigger every day (well, bigger is relative here, as Avery only weighs 23 pounds at 28 months). Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my! I can't believe how big she is. She is so beautiful... and yes I see you in her through these very pictures!
Sweet Avery! I can't believe she's already 2 years old. Wow!

Shyla said...

She is so beautiful...she looks just like her mommy! I can't believe she is two, it goes by so fast.

Trust me. Savor EVERY moment. Close your eyes and breathe it in.

I love the book thing. All my kids love books, but especially Ethan. He's like me, needing something to read in front of him at all times. Cereal box, you name it. Piles of books in his bed, piles in the car.

Looking forward to lunch on Friday!

Belle-ah said...

She is a doll!!! I hope your new school year is a great one and you have the best students.

Belle-ah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Add to Any Share/Save Button

Related Posts with Thumbnails